Your Libraries...Your Services
*No Tax Increase* Renewal Levy (1 – mill for 5 years) for the Operation and Maintenance of YOUR Kate Love Simpson Libraries
- In terms of state funding, Ohio Public Libraries are operating at 1998 funding levels.
- State funds are distributed according to population; therefore, based on this data, Morgan County is the third lowest funded library system in the State of Ohio.
- Local levy dollars account for 35% of our library’s yearly budget.
What Kate Love Simpson Libraries Do for You
- Access to a wide variety of materials targeted at audiences of all ages both digitally and in print
- Books, audio, ebooks, magazines, music, videos, databases, and more!
- Literacy based programs to encourage reading in Morgan County’s youth from birth to teens
- Outreach services to schools, nursing homes, churches, patron residences, and stops in all areas of the county
- Computer terminals offering high speed Internet and software to aid in word processing, presentations, etc.
- Printing, copying, and scanning capabilities in black and white and color
- Computer classes covering basic applications, Internet, specific software, and digital downloading
- Genealogy Room housing local and state historical documents and information
- Meeting room space for community events
- Member of SEO consortium allowing patrons to access materials from over 200 various library locations
- Partner with various community organizations and members to host a wide array of programs
- Distributor of governmental forms, voter materials, tax forms, etc.
Kate Love Simpson Libraries @ a Glance
- Open 4,678 hours per year
- Average of 300 visitors each day, totaling over 82,000 patrons served per year
- 7,875 card holders
- Over 230 programs per year with attendance nearing 3,500 participants
- Circulating over 125,000 items per year
- 720 bookmobile stops per year
- 10,964 patrons accessed library public Internet Computers in 2018
- 23,592 patrons connected to wireless Internet in 2018