When we made the difficult, but necessary decision to close our libraries to the public on March 16, little did we know that seven weeks later, we would be navigating a whole new realm of unknowns on how to resume services to our patrons safely and effectively.
At this time, we are not reopening our buildings to the public. However, we are working to establish guidelines for how and when we can. Our reopening process will occur in several phases over the coming months.
Curbside pick-up is now available at both library locations. These services are available from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm in McConnelsville and 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in Chesterhill on weekdays only. The first hour of each day will be reserved for seniors (60+) and those who are more vulnerable due to pre-existing health conditions. Patrons can place holds online via the library website, www.morgan.lib.oh.us or SEO Library app, or simply call the library and ask a staff member to pull items for you. Currently, our statewide delivery system is not in operation. Therefore, we will only be able to offer items that are currently available on Kate Love Simpson Library shelves.
To pick up your items, you must call the library to schedule an appointment. Items will be placed in a bag outside the back door of your desired location at the designated time. This will be done in 15 minute intervals, to allow for social distancing and no overlap of patrons obtaining items.
Please note the following updates:
- All physical material due dates are extended to Monday, June 1st. Book drops are open to accept returns. All items are quarantined and disinfected before being reshelved. Please keep in mind that we are fine free libraries; therefore, there is no rush to return items. Please do so at your convenience.
- All in-person library programming and meeting room reservations have been canceled for the months of May and June.
- We are working to install safety barriers on the Bookmobile. If this can be accomplished, the bookmobile may possibly do porch drop-offs in the weeks to come. If you have items to return, you may drop those at either library location when drop boxes reopen.
- Tax forms are available upon request.
- Please remember that Wi-Fi is always available at both library locations.
- Digital resources are always available for additional checkouts, research, and more!
- Summer reading programming will be offered digitally this year. Sarah and Cassie are working diligently to prepare digital content, along with activities we can disperse to patrons via curbside service and beyond. Please watch for more details.
We are taking sanitation very seriously. We are taking the utmost precautions to protect the health and safety of our staff and patrons. We are and will continue to follow the necessary guidelines set forth by the State of Ohio and our local Health Officials to ensure we continue to maintain a safe and healthy environment.
For ongoing information concerning updated policies or procedures, please visit your library website, Kate Love Simpson Library Facebook page, or call the library to speak with a staff member. McConnelsville 740-962-2533; Chesterhill Branch 740-554-7104
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these uncertain and difficult times. We look forward to serving you now and in the future. Take care.